Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thank you, Dear Abby



"I believe if two people want to commit to each other, God bless 'em ... That is the highest form of commitment, for heaven's sake ... If gay Americans are not allowed to get married and have all the benefits that American citizens are entitled to by the Bill of Rights, they should get one hell of a tax break. That is my opinion."
and
""If they are my readers, they know how I feel on the subject," she said. "I don't think I'm a flaming radical. I'm for civility in life. I'm for treating each other with respect, trying to do the best you can."
Right on, Sister.

7 comments:

Fannie Wolfe said...

"If gay Americans are not allowed to get married and have all the benefits that American citizens are entitled to by the Bill of Rights, they should get one hell of a tax break."

Amen about the tax break!!! Or perhaps a "Tax deduction to put towards the benefits you don't receive and the attorney fees you will incur in drafting protections for yourself and your family because you are gay and don't get them automatically like married people do"?

Why should my dollars support other families before my own?

Jane Know said...

Well, Fannie, that's all assuming you don't have your own pro-boner attorney, like my girlfriend and I do.

Anonymous said...

F that! I busted out the tax break thing MONTHS ago. member?

Jane Know said...

that's it, to quote all of white-trash America: "I'm suin' you!"

Anonymous said...

after i "call DCFS on your ass!"

Musicguy said...

The fundies were bleating hardcore about Abby's comments. Too damned bad :-)

Great blog by the way!

Jane Know said...

musicguy, i LOVE that you just used the verb "bleating" to describe what the fundies were doing. thanks for reading!