Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Concerned Woman for America: Jose Solano



What do I hate even more than straight male homobigots speaking for the black community and the gay community?

Straight male homobigots speaking for "women."

I googled "Jose Solano and homosexual" and came across some very interesting websites. One of them, a story from 11/2000 in Concerned Women for America, quotes Jose Solano as an opponent of an Oregon measure to approve mention of homosexuality in schools.

"'I completely respect the civil rights of adults that want to be homosexual, but don’t tell me I have to tell my students that it’s OK' (Washington Times, 11/1/00). Teachers like Solano want to introduce students to the health risks of homosexuality and to the lack of scientific evidence that homosexuality is genetically caused."

Another question: where are all the "concerned women," in Concerned Women for America?!?!

One would think that an advocacy group of that caliber would have enough PR common sense to have women speak for them, and women as Policy Directors. Instead of quoting the men in the organization.

I'm starting to wonder just how many "Concerned Women" there are. Probably too many, but they are probably okay with letting their men speak for them. Or perhaps, over at CWA, they are merely giving their men access to the equal opportunity they are denied in so many other areas of life and employment. Understandable.

Jose Solano, from one Concerned Woman to another, I salute you. Mkay, girl?



Girl power.

5 comments:

John said...

I really would like to know what percentage of CWFA are women.

I would think that there can't be too many because I read their site every day, and if I were a woman I would be insulted.

Fannie Wolfe said...

Solano says,

"'I completely respect the civil rights of adults that want to be homosexual, but don’t tell me I have to tell my students that it’s OK'"

Ay Caramba. Isn't Jose a high school Spanish teacher? Why would he be talking about homosexuality in his classroom in the first place?

That he's corrupting young minds in Oregon is a scary, scary thought.

Jane Know said...

Yes, CWA is sketchy to the max.

And regarding Jose Solano and other men acting as spokespeople for Concerned Women for America, that is downright insulting. Are they really lacking in women who are willing and able to speak for themselves on this topic?

Perhaps.

John said...

"I completely respect the civil rights of adults that want to be homosexual,"

Hey!, what about the kids? Have they no such "right"?

Can it even be said that one has a "right" to be what they are?

Jane Know said...

but john, kids wouldn't grow up gay if they weren't modeling themselves after all the homosexualists! ;-)