Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Don't EVEN talk to me until I've had my coffee...an excellent un-PC blog

I was perusing a friend's blog, and came across this one, entitled "Stuff White People Like."

Hilarious.

My favorite article so far is the first one ("#1 Coffee"), because it is SO true.

The best observation?

"White people all need Starbucks, Second Cup or Coffee Bean. They are also fond of saying 'you do NOT want to see me before I get my morning coffee.'"

As a fellow white person, I love a good cup of coffee in the morning. But it has always been a pet peeve of mine when people say that...what is even more annoying is when the speaker at a business meaning or a professor at a lecture messes up or stutters, and then says, "Sorry... haven't had my morning coffee yet," to which the audience all laughs understandingly...making them all part of one giant ball of uber-yuppie-very-important-coffee-drinking-member-of-society-ness. And if you don't laugh, you obviously aren't cool or important enough to NEED your morning coffee like the rest of the civilized world.

I always just want to say, "Hardy-fuckin-har, you're so funny, you can't function without your morning cup o' joe, because you're so important?"

Anyway...I may be a liberal, but I love me some un-political-correctness once in a while.

8 comments:

John said...

I used to be like that; I've used that "haven't had my cup of Joe, yet" many times.

It ain't funny anymore.

Speaking of funny stuff, have you seen:

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/

Jane Know said...

haha! i had a polish professor in nursing school who was always like, "i haven't had my starbucks yet, sorry..." and the class would all laugh appreciatively, as if she was so hip for drinking starbucks. i didn't think it was funny.

lol, i LOVE that website you pasted. i've seen it before. awesome.

John said...

Now I am more inclined to just tell people I haven had my first hit of heroin yet.

Fannie Wolfe said...

Ha ha ha, nice.

As a side note, I think the website should be changed to something like "Stuff White Yuppies Like"- because most of the posts are more indicative of yuppi-ness than white-ness.

Jane Know said...

Fannie, yeah, I was gonna say that, too.

John, too funny. I'm gonna start using that one.

Jane Know said...

speaking of the "white people love us" website, i would love to make one called "gay people love us!" for people (a couple of my real-life friends) who claim to be "so open-minded" yet are really uncomfortable around gay people.

rem said...

you're welcome! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it works both ways. I've met the gay couples who really believe you dislike/disapprove them, whereas you really don't. They shun you because they're really, really sure you disapprove. There isn't a hell of a lot you can do to reassure them.